Thursday, November 12, 2009

So Much for Judith Harris' Popular Theory that Parenting Doesn't Matter.

I mentioned in this post that Rock and I attended a parenting conference by Nicholeen Peck.  We both really liked what she had to say and I've talked to her at a couple of times at Thomas Jefferson Education conferences.  She's a really inspiring lady and she lives just up the street in Toole.  Anyway, her family got filmed for a reality show called The World's Strictest Parents on BBC.  The show just aired on November 4th and she has had some really great responses from people about the impact it has made in their lives.

It does make us mormons look like we're pretty weird, but we are.

I had to post a link to the show here because I think it's inspiring and she parents the way I try to parent.

This is from youtube so the show is divided into 6 parts.  It takes almost an hour to watch it all, but it's entertaining and well worth it.

"The World's Strictest Parents" - Utah  Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Nicholeen's Blog:
Teaching Self-Government

1 comment:

  1. So interesting! I watched the first 3 sections while I was jogging on the treadmill this morning, and I actually wanted my workout to last longer so I could finish the other ones (that's a first for me). I'm curious to see how it all works out. The Pecks seem like a great family.

    Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete