Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 (and my new e-reader).

I'm so so so thankful for family!!

We spent the 4 day weekend at my mom's house.  We got to chat, eat and play games.



It's so relaxing over there.  I love my mom and I admire her in SO many ways!   She is my hero - someday I want to be as good and giving and selfless as she is.

On Thanksgiving day we went to a church for a Turkey dinner with Rock's mom's side of the family.  I sure love them.  They've gone through some tough times and it's so neat to see how good and close they are despite (perhaps because?) of them.



Rock's mom has always made me feel like a welcome part of the family.  I'm thankful for her - how great it is to have such an accepting mother-in-law!  I'm also thankful for her kind husband!  He radiates love to all those around him.  He is an admirable man.




I'm thankful for good food - Melody's rolls, Dustin's stuffing, and everything else - it was all so good!  I'm also very thankful for wonderful nephews, sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law that play with my kids.  My kids look up to them and I love the good example they are to them.  Bud had a great time playing basketball at the church.  I had never seen him shoot a basket (on a real basketball court) so I was pretty impressed when I saw he could - even from the free throw line!  I didn't think he could get the ball high enough.  I think we're going to have to buy a basketball hoop sometime soon...



The girls had a fun time drawing with their uncles and aunts.  Mindi's an artist and Spice had fun hearing some pointers.  She's been practicing what she learned.



We had a great time.  After we left, we made it to the last part of my family's Thanksgiving feast.  I'm thankful for my aunts and uncles and cousins.  I love them and they have shown in lots of ways that they love me!  I didn't remember to get any pictures of that party so here's some more from the church:















I'm thankful for good health!  The day after Thanksgiving, Spice got very sick.  She pretty much laid on the couch for 2 days straight.  She had a fever and a headache.  My mom started getting sick Friday night.   Spice is doing much better this morning.  Hopefully my mom gets better quickly and none of the rest of us get it - it looked pretty miserable.







I'm thankful for good books! I spent most of my free time (which was quite a bit when we were over there - with a sick daughter - there's not too many things you can go do!) researching e-readers.  Rock and my mom were thinking of putting their money together and getting me one for Christmas.  I debated back and forth between the Kindle, the Nook, and the Sony Touch Edition.  I finally decided on the Touch Edition.  Rock and my mom encouraged me to go ahead and buy it, as an early Christmas present.  I LOVE it!!  After buying it, I spent all of my time downloading books that I've been wanting to read - all of them were free from manybooks.net and gutenberg.org since they are all classics!  I've downloaded over a hundred and fifty books so far - not a bad Christmas present!  Thanks mom and Rock!

It's got a fun pen that I can highlight, or scribble notes, with on my books as I read them.  I can also add notes to my highlights with a virtual keyboard or my pen.  I also get to search through my notes.  Plus, as I'm reading, if I don't know the definition of a word, I just tap on it and the definition is displayed for me at the bottom.  It's so much fun!  How awesome of Rock to think of it.  I'm thankful for a thoughtful husband!

I hope everyone else had a good Thanksgiving.  Thank you all who helped make ours so nice!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, love this. Thank you for posting more pictures. I love that one of my sis and your girls. Of course I love the ones with that little guy of yours. I'm so sorry to hear that Spice got sick, and your mom. It sounds a lot like what I went through. It is miserable stuff. Hopefully those of us that have gotten that sick, won't get sick again this winter? Wishful thinking. I'm sure grateful for you, you know that. What a sweet family you have. Love you all...! GW

    ReplyDelete