Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Hi Friends" and Bruises

Bazinks loves to play a game he calls, "Hi Friends".   In this game, he takes any object (a battery, a crayon, a little figurine, a pencil, etc) and gives me any object.  These are our "Hi Friends". My little object says "Hi Friend!" to his little object and the game begins.

It goes something like this:

Me (wiggling my little object): "Hi friend!  What's your name?"
Bazinks: "My name's Bob.  What's your name?"
Me: "I'm Frank"
Bazinks: (whispering to me and pointing to his guy) ac-shee (actually), his name is Frank too.
Me: (whispering) Oh, okay
Bazinks: "I have a cool jet, wanna go on it?"
Me: "Sure!  What's you jet's name?"
Bazinks: "Ummmm. (long pause)...His name is Frank,"
Me: "Oh!  Cool name!"

Then we have some sort of adventure.  He likes to pretend his guy has magic and he can turn into anything.  He's also nice enough to share some of his magic with my guy so my guy can accomplish the same feats.

We have K'nex - sometimes these K'nex are guns or swords, but when we're playing "Hi Friends" they turn into machines that shoot out different things when you push a "button".  One will shoot out strawberries, one bananas, one cookies, one guns, and one ice cream.




If we don't have K'nex near by, he isn't deterred.  The other day, he took a wipe box and it became  a machine.  If you push on the "H" - chocolate chips come out, on the "U" - bananas come out, on the "G" - cookies come out, on the other "G" - more cookies come out, on the "I" guns come out, on the "E" - swords come out, and on the "S" - whipped cream comes out.



I'm thinking he's going to engineer some pretty useful devices when he grows up.

------------------------------------------------------------

I had to take Bazinks to the Doctor yesterday.  He had been drooling blood at night and I was worried.  I had checked his teeth, but they looked fine.  His bloody drool at night had started on the day he hit cheekbone on the coffee table after getting "belly buffed" by Bud (they push each other with their bellies).



I took him in, after the third day of finding blood on his pillow, concerned that he had internal bleeding of some sort.  I guess it had been a while since I'd taken him to a doctor.  They still had our Baltimore address for him on the computer.

He was so brave and so quiet as the doctor examined him - although his eyes did shed a couple of tears.  He was nervous because I had told him the doctor might have to take some blood.  We needn't have worried.

It turns out he had a cut on the inside of his cheek from biting on it when he hit his face.  Why didn't I think to look in his cheeks?!  When we got home, and I told the family, Little Miss said, "Oh yeah, Bazinks told me he bit his cheek when he fell."  I wish someone would have told me.

He was glad he got to go though.  He got a sucker and some gum from the Doctor.  We also got to watch "Happy Feet" in the waiting room.  I think he left with a pretty favorable impression of going to the doctor's.



I love my little Bazinks.  He's one tough little kid.

4 comments:

  1. Poor guy, that looks so painful. Wyatt gashed his head the other morning on the piano bench. Silly kids, they are always getting hurt. Wyatt's injury is under his hair though, so no one can really see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry!!! That looks SO sore! Christy L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a good one!! Jayden and Skyler used to have "Belly Fights" too. What is it about boys that they have to play so rough? I know Jeff sure didn't help with that either. He was the one showing them how to jump on the furniture!
    Mindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his "hi friends" game - you are always so good about playing little games with your younger kids.

    I can't believe that bruise!! I bet he'll love those pictures when he's older - proof of his tough battle wounds. That must have been scary with the blood, though.

    ReplyDelete