Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Spice's Photography and Bazinks' Problem Solving

FYI: As we were cleaning last weekend, I realized that there is a consequence that I use quite a lot, that I neglected to write on my consequence post.  I added it on there.  It's now right under the "Repentence Step" consequence, towards the bottom, if anyone is interested.

Spice was finally able to download some of the pictures she has taken, since we were able to get the USB connector to her camera.  I loved her pictures so I thought I would post some of them for all to enjoy :-)  They don't really have anything to do with the writing in between them, but it makes the post prettier :-)



One of the reasons I think play time is so important for the kids is that they exercise their imaginations, and then learn to solve problems in that safe environment.  I had fun hearing Bazinks' ways to solve problems as we played "Hi Friends" the other day.




Here's how it went:

I had a little tiny cat named "Snow" and Bazinks had a millipede he named "Manylegs".

Manylegs: "Wanna jump on my trampoween?"

Snow: "Sure!"

Our guys jump on the bed




Snow: "I'm hungry.  Do you have anything to eat?"

(Bazinks whispers to me: "pretend this is his garden" and points to a spot on the bed.)

Manylegs: "I have carrots, I only planted carrots in my garden, but I don't wike carrots.  Here is 100 of them."



Snow: "Oh yummy!  Boy, I'm full, can I save some for later?"

Manylegs: "Yes.  Do you want some chocowat?"



Snow: "Where are we going to get chocolate?"

(Bazinks whispers to me: "pretend the garden has chocowat and the carrots are dipped in it.")

Manylegs: "Here, in my garden."



Snow: "Oh good!"

(Then Bazinks grabs a plastic snake.  He whispers: "Pretend this is a bad-guy snake, but my guy likes to eat snakes.)

Snow: "Oh no!  A snake is coming to get us!"



Manylegs: Roars and grunts and many sound effects as he wrestles with the snake.
Suddenly, Manylegs goes flying across the room, defeated.

Snow: "You killed my friend!"




Snake takes Snow and wrestles with her and then Snow goes flying across the room, defeated.

I thought, "Hmm.  I guess we'll have to end the game now.  There's no more good guys."  I waited to see what he would do.



Bazinks whispers to me, "So someone pushes this button (points to one of the black spots on the snake) and he turns into a good-guy snake."

Genius!



Then the good-guy-snake went to Manylegs and Snow who were across the room and gave them medicine, upon which they were immediately healed and they all became good friends.

Don't be surprised if this ingenious plot gets made into a movie by a famous movie producer who runs across my blog.

Thanks Bazinks for the glimpses into your imagination!

Here's a poem Spice wrote about imagination (sort of):
When I think I think a lot
Even silly things like snot
How sudunley it apears in my tiny little nose?
It's very very very weird, I wonder who really knows?
I have imaganation I think of things quite queer
Like a tiny little fairy drinking tons and tons of beer!
Thinking is really fun
And I do it a realy ton!
You should realy think someday
Use your imagination in a way.

I added one of Spices' poems to the beginning of this post as well - it seemed to really fit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment