Thursday, June 30, 2016

Wow. Life Changing Perspective.

I went to the park yesterday for a discussion on the "Community" section of the More than Happy book.

I had several questions about this that I wanted to discuss such as:

-Men and women seem to have different "community needs" - what is a healthy balance?

-How do you show your children that they are valued, important, and significant while also teaching them that they should put other's needs before theor own? And should we teach them to do so? (We don't want them to be doormats for others who take advantage of their kindness).

-How do you build community in a world that seems too busy to care about it?

Through the discussion,  my friend Julie recommended a talk that our missionary friend, Kel Biesinger had recommended.  I had read his email, but had not yet listened to the talk. 

I listened last night. 

It opened my perspective in a way that will change my life. It answered all my questions and completely took me out of "overwhelm." I just hadn't ever considered things in quite that way before. 

I hope as I work to maintain that vision, I can inspire my kids to see it that way too. We would reach our individual and family goals so much more quickly if we had this beautiful perspective in mind sometimes. 

It's really worth taking the time to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment