Saturday, July 2, 2016

Enthusiasm


After listening to the talk I wrote about last post, I realized I had been asking myself the wrong questions. I was asking myself what goals I should work on our how I could reach my goals.

After reading my scriptures this morning,  I asked a better question,  "Heavenly Father, how should I spend my time today?" I had a list of things I needed to do and wanted to see if there was something I should get to first.
(I went to my saved pictures to see if I could find any cute ones to add to this post and I came across the pictures we took last week when we attended a Mormon Tabernacle concert. They seemed to fit pretty well.  It was so so good. And Joy slept through most of it - which was really nice so I could enjoy it. )

The temple came to my mind. It wasn't in my plans, but I realized I hadn't been for a while so I got up and got ready to go. 

I'm so glad I did. 

I had been in a sort of spiritual plateau lately. I was doing fine and had a strong testimony that God loved me and wanted what was best for me, but I wasn'the feeling excited or enthusiastic about living the gospel. I wanted to live it better, but in a frustrated-with-myself sort of way, not in a "I can't wait to get up in the morning and live my beautiful life!" sort of way.
Bill, Joy and James got cut off from this picture, but they were there too. Cassia looks like she really didn't want another picture ;-)

The temple gave me back my enthusiasm. I felt a renewed strength and love. I got excited again about how good it is to learn and love and practice. 

I guess I just wanted to write and share my testimony of the presence of God's love in the temple. I love going and feeling it. I love the perspective and strength I come away with. It is always worth making the time to go. 
Side note... I listened to thensure following talk sometime last week and had to recommend it.  It inspired me in several ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment