Friday, April 29, 2011

Family Fun Fundraiser Tonight!

I know this is short notice, and I'm mad at myself for not posting it earlier in case anyone I know would like to attend, but here is the e-mail I received and the information about the fundraiser.

What is going on with the Eggett family (copied from an e-mail):
I am writing because I need your help, actually Bob Eggett and his family needs your help. Last week they met with the doctors to go over the information from his latest surgery. It is not good! The growth that they saw in his head was not an abscess caused by the surgery, it was actually a super aggressive and fast growing tumor, which had grown to the size of an orange in 5 short weeks and he has been told that he has about 6 months if all goes well! Because Bob's first brain tumor hit in his 20's he and Ingrid had never considered investing in life insurance, thus the unbelievable reality for the Eggett's is that they do not even have funds to bury Bob. I know this is a harsh reality, but a reality nonetheless!

My heart is broken and I know yours is too. This type of news is the making of most of our nightmares and as a human being in the human family we can identify with the pain that this has triggered for Bob, his family, friends, and neighbors. I personally cannot get the image of his little 8 month old and other five children out of my head! We want to do something extra special for Bob's event and we have come up with a concept that is going to take many hands to accomplish..."
About the fundraiser tonight:

Event Date: April 29th, 2011

Event Time: 5-9pm
Location: Weber State University
Shepherd Union, Ballroom
Ogden, UT, 84408

Activities:

* Dinner $5 per plate--With Texas Roadhouse
* Silent Auction
* Live Auction
* Photos with a Pro-- 'Shear Luck Enterprises'
* Kid's Corner
* Entertainment--Vocalocity--'Acappella That Rock

I don't know Ingrid well, but I have talked to her and her kids a few times at different homeschooling events and they are a sweet, kind family. I know they would appreciate whatever help can be given.

If you can not make the fundraiser, but would like to help this wonderful family, you can read more about it at this website:
http://www.anythingforafriend.com/help-your-friend/bob-eggett/

No comments:

Post a Comment