Thursday, April 21, 2011

Choir Performances

This post will be boring for anyone except maybe grandparents and aunts and uncles. I don't expect anyone to watch all the videos, but I wanted them on here for my personal use. The first three are of Bud's solo. They actually only had two performances, but Bud got to sing his solo twice during the first performance. The reason for this it that the power went out through most of the show and we got to watch the kids in the dark as they sung. Some of their songs (like Bud's solo) had a CD accompaniment which couldn't work without power, so they got to sing it A Capella. None of his solos was perfect. On one the microphone wasn't working, but the CD music was loud so it was hard to hear him. On another, everything was working, but he really missed the last note and he tries to fix it midway through the note (he still cringes when he watches it, but I think it's cute). On the other one, there was no power so you can hear him, but not see him on the camera. The one in the dark is my favorite - he did a great job despite the fact that he unexpectedly had no music to accompany him.

The theme of the show was "Believe" and many of the songs were from the 60's and 70's period so they dressed in 60's and 70's outfits. Bud is wearing a hemp necklace with beads that you can't really see on the film. Anyway, they were adorable and had a great time. Bud loved performing his solo. Their next performance will be of "Oliver" on June 8th.

Also, for family and friends who may be interested - they (Spice, Bud and Little Miss) are in a small play that they'll be performing on May 20th. It should be really cute. I'll let you know the details when I get them. Spice and Bud also have a piano recital coming up so I'll post those details also.

Anyway, here are the videos of their performance (forgive the shakiness at times - Ray was on my lap sometimes and it made it hard to hold the camera):

The first one (Bud's solo) is called It's Possible from Seussical the Musical.

Bud when the microphone wasn't working (I love to watch my friend's son on this one. He is next to Bud in the checkered pants. He cracks me up! You can also hear Ray trying to sing along next to me. He loves this song.)



Bud in the dark with no music when the power went out (this one is my favorite, but you can't see him!):


Bud with everything working, but missing the last note:


Here Comes the Sun medley (Spice is in this one and the next two - this one is long and you can't even see Spice in the last half.  I should have stopped filming somewhere in the middle):


I Believe in the Sun (this song is from an inscription that was found in a cave in which some Jews hid for three years during WWII):


Fireflies:


Catch a Falling Star (everyone is in this one):


Merry ol' Land of Oz (Bud and Little Miss are in this one and the next 2):


You Can Fly:


I'd Like to Visit the Moon:



There Can Be Miracles (Spice is in this one):



I think they're pretty adorable.

3 comments:

  1. Very fun! Did you enjoy the choir? Do you think you will do it again next year?

    I wanted to let you know that you did a great job last night. I thought you answered everyones questions great and shared lots of great insights. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I was glad you came (even though I knew you had all the work stuff down better than I do) because your insights were great. I should have had you share more of what you do!

    I don't know if I'll do choir again in Salt Lake next year because Mary is starting a choir and it will be a lot closer. They are reluctant to change because they love their current choir so much, but they also love Mary so maybe we'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete