Monday, April 18, 2011

Ladies Night Out at my House on Wednesday Night

This is turning out to be a busy week and I need to blog about several things.  Yesterday Was Bazink's birthday (he's 5 now), so I need to write about that.  Today the kids are having a choir performance and I need to put some videos up about that.  This Friday is our ward's recognition night for the Activity Day girls.  I've been in charge of putting that together and I have several things left to do.  We're doing a talent show that night so I want to put Spice's performance on here too.

I did want to write a very quick blog post this morning to let anyone who is interested know about a presentation I'm doing at my house on Wednesday night.  Some of my friends heard about the presentation I did in Orem and they thought it would be a good idea for me to do it up here as well.
Here is the information:

The topic will be:

Creating an Inspiring Learning Environment through Work
Here is the class description:
Teaching children to work gives them more than just life skills.  Work is what builds a strong and solid character.  In the process, an environment is created that inspires a love of learning.  Children come to see that learning is a privilege not to be taken for granted.  They also develop the discipline that they need in order to choose to study hard instead of choosing to follow an easier path. 

Come learn and discuss principles and practical ideas to help you create this learning environment in your home.
When:
Wednesday, April 20th at 7:00 pm
Where:
My House - email me at karenbates6@gmail.com for the address

Okay, I better go help some kids get ready for their concert.   Have a wonderful day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun! Wish I could come to your presentation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I WISH I lived up there, so I could come a learn from you (and finally get to meet you in person too.) :0) I am sure it will be wonderful! Our 2 boys have turned 5 recently and Miss Ladybug will be 5 this summer! Such a fun age! Happy Birthday to Bazinks! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you personally, but I sure wish I could come! Sounds like a fantastic class. I learn so much from your blog. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be there!! Hopefully I can make the next one, since I won't have as many classes this summer!

    ReplyDelete