Monday, July 19, 2010

A Big Thank-you

I've been wanting to thank you guys who leave comments on my blog.  Many of your insights help me to think a little more about what I am doing.  It also helps when I hear that someone has been feeling the same way - sometimes I am not sure if I what I write conveys what's going on in my head and I appreciate knowing that some people 'get' what I'm saying.  I don't usually respond to comments (unless someone asks a question) because I assume that people are not going to come back and check my blog a second time and so won't see my response to their comment anyway - but I often want to thank people for their thoughtful comments.  I do appreciate them very much!

I just got a "blogger award" - which basically means that someone likes my blog.  The person who gave it to me is a big inspiration to me, so I was honored that she thinks I am an inspiration to her - especially since she is much wiser and further along in "getting life" than I am - so thank-you to Being a Mother Who Knows for thinking of me.

I am supposed to write 7 things about myself:

1. I used to know everything there was about raising children.  I find that I know less and less everyday.

2. I have found that the more I invest in being a mother - the more joy I feel in everything I do.

3. I was born in Mexico City and moved to the United States when I was 7.  Since I've been married, I've lived in 6 different states and have loved all of them.  I am extremely grateful for this amazing country.

4.  I have always loved the outdoors - especially the mountains - but I am just barely learning to really appreciate them.

5.  I have an amazing husband whom I deeply love and 5 of the sweetest children on this earth.  I learn from them all everyday.  They're nice enough to let me.

6.  I find that I am too hard on myself about things that don't really matter and too lenient with myself on things that really do.

7.  I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ and am very, very grateful for their patience with me in all my silly pride, laziness, forgetfulness and flightiness. 

Now, to pass this along to blogs I love.  The person who gave this award to me already gave it to some of my favorites (which includes hers) , so I won't mention them again, but here is a short list of a few others (even though I enjoy several others and I would list them all, but you can see them down my side bar).

More of a Mom
Greener Eating
Mrs. Smith
Chocolate on My Cranium
Ramblings of a TJED mom

So, you blog authors get to pass this along to some of the blogs you love - here are the Steps:
Step 1: Thank the person who gave this to you
Step 2: Write 7 things about yourself
Step 3: Pass this along to some of the blogs you love

Thanks for inspiring me!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of me, Karen! That made my day! You blog is such an inspiration to me and helps me SO much! I am glad you like my blog too! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only follow a handful of blogs closely, but yours is the only one I actually come back to and check because I love the continuing discussion in the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your thoughtful posts. I look forward to every one of them. I also have loved the Misfit Cygnet. Do you know where her blog went? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami- Misfit Cygnet changed her address - you can get to it from my sidebar. I think it's misfitcygnet.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your blog very much. I found you just recently and have become a frequent visitor. I have only two blogs left that I visit and yours is one of them. Your posts are very inspiring and have brought me much peace. You have put words to so much that I feel. I've wondered for quite some time if I was the only one out there that feels the way I do. It is an answer to a silent prayer that I have found your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your thoughts about family work and teaching your children. It's so nice to find other mothers who think similarly!

    ReplyDelete