Sunday, May 30, 2010

Inpired to Inspire

I attended a TJEd spring retreat this weekend.  It was such a blessing to be in the beautiful mountains surrounded by truly stalwart women.  I met new friends, some of who read my rambling on this blog - and who I wish kept a blog of their own so I could keep hearing their deep wisdom and insights.

I came away from the conference with several thoughts. 

I love the "feeling" in our home right now, but I want to help the kids be more aware to how they are contributing to this feeling and let them know how grateful I am to them for it.

There is nothing I want to change about our Master Inspire Plan.  I love it.  I just need to make sure I follow through and make "inspiring" a priority.  I love inspiring (in other words, learning things) - I just tend to put less important things first - maybe because I love it so much and I feel that it's a bit of a selfish pursuit.  It is so important for them to see me studying and for me to share my enthsiasm about what I am learning.  They just can't see that if I put less important things first (like checking my e-mails :-) )  Even my small goal to practice the piano for a short time can make a big difference (there was such inspiring talks about creating a musical environment in our home and the beauty of creating music)  In short, I was inspired to be more inspiring.

The biggest thing I realized that I need to work on is taking better care of Rock.  He is so independent that I tend to just worry about those little people who I know really need me, but the truth is that my sweet husband needs me too, even if he doesn't let me know.  He is so good that he doesn't want to add any extra burdens on me and just does things himself.  I don't want to add extra things to my list either so I let him :-)  The truth is though, that serving him keeps him in my thoughts and I am able to show him the love that he needs.  Heather Poll said some powerful things about marriage stewardships - I might have to write another post about my thoughts on it.

There are several things I want to write more about.  It's tempting to spend too much time on it though, so I'll just take it slow and stick to working on inspiring my children!  I love doing both.  Motherhood is amazing.  I had no idea how much fun it would be!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the gentle reminder to remember the husbands. It often seems that if they aren't running around my legs, tugging on my clothes and screaming for attention that I figure they are okay. I'm slowly learning that older children don't do this, but they still need me. As does my husband. I love the thought that by serving them you keep them in your mind which helps you show greater love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is truly inspiring to me! Thanks for keeping it going! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a fun weekend! I can't wait to hear what you learned about marriage.

    I spent the weekend with Charlotte. So much to learn. So little time!

    ReplyDelete