Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Fun

I just love fall! We let the kids stay up too late the other night because they were just having too much fun playing in the leaves. Bud said, "This is the best day EVER".

Then today we went to a pumpkin farm. I love them. We went to 3 last year. This year we'll probably just do one, but it was great.
On the way there, Spice was inspired to write a poem.
Leaves are falling down, down, down
It is pretty - it's no frown
My Birthday! My birthday is in the fall!
Birthday fun! Fun for all!
Leaves fall upon the ground
Making it a leafy crown
I like to rake a big huge pile
and jump in it, it makes me smile!
Fall is fun, very fun.
Plenty of fun for everyone!

Spice and Bud are almost done with the Harry Potter series - so a corn maze was the perfect place to play Harry Potter 4

Yes, those are straws their holding - wands.

Voldermort's trap:


They had to raise their hand when they found the pumpkin they wanted - then someone would come cut it for them:


They had a great time.







On the way home, Spice was inspired to write a second poem:
I am a pumpkin orange and round
Waiting for someone to get me off the ground
Here comes someone with a yellow bow!
I can't wait! No, no, no!
She's coming toward me yessireedoo
I really really can't wait! Can you?
She has picked me up yes she did,
now I'm in her house, My! It's really big!
What is she doing? Oh! She's carving me!
Look she gave me eyes now I can see!
Now she gave me a great big nose!
Mmm I think I can smell some rose!
Look she gave me a mouth a jagady one!
To scare everybody and make them run!
Do you know who that girl is do you know who?
She's the one who gave me a mouth to say BOOO!


Hermoine, Harry and Ginny (notice the scar on Harry's face)

6 comments:

  1. That is too cute. SHe writes great poems! I love it. We had lots of fun with you guys today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I miss fall in Utah! I love corn mazes, pumpkin patches, fall leaves, etc. As you can imagine, we don't have a lot of that here in Florida. If only someone would invent a transporter, like in star trek, so we could come out there and join in the festivities! Oh, and Spice's poems are too cute!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, I have some catching up to do! ...like you had another kid!!!! how did I miss that! You all look great and like you're having lots of fun...I'm going to have to scroll back and see everything I missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fun day and I love the poems! Does she write them down or recite them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She writes them, I try to leave them just as she wrote them so I can remember them as they are, but I did change a couple of words that she normally spells right, but wasn't being careful about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I miss fall in Utah! And I miss you! And I miss your kids! Awesome pictures. I love the poems, too. And how they were playing Harry Potter - it sounded like something my kids would do.

    ReplyDelete