Thursday, January 7, 2010

December Pictures Part 2

Merry Christmas Time by Spice
The Christmas Tree is Pretty with ornaments all new
With their shiny, sparkly appearance and all the ribbons too.
I like the little brass ones,
how they golden sparkle shine
The one with baby Jesus is pretty much all mine.
I really really like the lovely lovely star
That represents the one the wise men saw from far
The Christmas tree is lovely but unfinished is this rhyme
Until I say the last words, Merry Christmas time!
(I had Spice edit that poem before I posted it, so it doesn't have her usual little spelling mistakes - I don't think I'll do that every time because I kind of like to remember her poems just the way she wrote them!)

I know it's a little late for this post, but I'm playing catch up since I was so lazy through December.

I wanted to remember the  kids' excitement as we put up our Christmas tree (it's still up - maybe we'll take it down this weekend :-) ):




Christmas morning:

Bud came down covering his eyes so he could take it in all at once


Bazinks wanted a flashlight from Santa.  Santa was nice
enough to leave him some play-dough toys as well.
He needn't have bothered.  The flashlight brought plenty of happiness.


The girls loved their new American Girl Dolls.
At first I wondered if Santa's expense was worth it,
but when they played with those dolls for 9 hours straight
on Christmas day, I realized that they were going to be a well-loved toy.
 



Baby Ray loved his new toy.


I gave each of the kids a new book.  Spice got a drawing one, Bud a Creepy Critters one, Little Miss a coloring princess one, and Bazinks got a shark one.  Bazinks was enthralled with the bloody pitures.



Rock and my brothers got new Nerf guns.  War broke out.






We did a little nativity later on that day.  Excuse the mess. Remember, it was Christmas day!
Spice is the angel; Bud is Joseph; Little Miss is Mary; my nephew, Adgie and Bazinks are the shepherds; and Ray is baby Jesus.  Notice Bazinks staring at the angel while Adgie rushes to see the baby.  He said, "Oh, that's a cute baby".  Too cute.  My brother filmed this on his iphone for me.


Getting ready to eat the "gingerbread" houses:





Also, Baby Ray tasted solid food for the first time (he's a fan):



I am suffering a little from the after-Christmas-blues now.  I miss my family in Florida and Oklahoma.  It's hard going from constant conversation to no adults most of the day.  We're all having treat-withdrawls.  We just got back on Tuesday afternoon and I'm also recovering from my lack of sleep - I can't seem to get up early enough!  There are a lot of things I was looking forward to doing when I got home, but there is so much to do and not enough time!  Hopefully we'll be back to normal next week.  I think I'll start my New Years resolutions again then!

2 comments:

  1. I am having treat withdrawals, too! In a bad way. I just begged my sister-in-law for her carmel corn recipe(she gave us some for Chirstmas and it was gone much too quickly)so I can make some today. As long as I make a small batch when I can share with jay and the kids I can't over do it! Are you going sledding Friday at the Barr's? I wish we were, but my kids are sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas pictures! I'm so glad we were able to stop by and see you guys!

    ReplyDelete