Sunday, September 9, 2012

Communicating with God

"How do I really know how God answers prayers? How do I know it's not just me projecting my own wish and want onto God, feeling good about it, and calling it his answer?"

These are some question Stephen R. Covey asks in one of the clearest speeches I have ever heard about how God communicates with us.  I had to share the speech because it has become one of my favorites.  I think there are some deep truths and incredibly helpful insights throughout it.  It's one that I want to share with those I love.

Here is the link to it - I listened to it as I folded laundry at first and then I had to read it an take notes later.

An Educated Conscience

Speaking of great speeches, I recently read one that was recommended at the LDS Homeschool conference I attended.  It was so good that I went through it and read parts of it with the kids during devotional (which I don't usually do unless it's a conference talk once in a while).  I think it gets to the heart of how to have unity in our homes and in our lives.  Here's the link to that one:

Zion and the Spirit of At-one-ment

How about you?  What are some of your favorite speeches?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing!

    That talk by M. Catherine Thomas' is wonderful. Her book "Light in the Wilderness" was life-changing for me. I read parts of it often, and appreciate her wisdom so much.

    As far as my favorite speeches-- I really like this one:

    http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=5

    ReplyDelete