Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ray!

Little Ray turned 2 last month. We celebrated with cake at my mom's house.  He enjoyed blowing out his candles and eating his yummy cake.
We got him bubbles for his present - he was very exited about that :-) My mom got him a plasma car that Bud has claimed as his own.

He looked at us like we were crazy when we came into his room in the morning to sing him "Happy Birthday", but he got used to it throughout the day. 

Ray is such a funny little guy.  He loves to sing and dance.   I often wake up to the sound of his singing in his crib.  Sometimes he sings in his sleep.  I need to capture his singing on film sometime.  In fact, I think I'll go do it right now....

Okay, here are a couple of his favorite songs:

Food, Glorious Food:


Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star:
 

Something really funny that he does is he dances in a circle every time he hears the "Angry Birds" theme song.  He can go on for a long time!  It's almost like he can't stop himself as long as that song is on.  Here he is:



Here he is doing some real dancing at my cousin's wedding reception (it's sideways, I don't know how to fix it):


He's a late talker and sometimes we wonder if we should be concerned - he seems to be trying to imitate everything so I think I'll give him a while before I decide if he needs some sort of intervention. I'm not too worried about it for now.

Ray loves to eat bananas, put stuffed animals to bed (complete with a bed time song for them), jump off steps, climb on me, and be read to. He makes us laugh a lot everyday. Happy 2nd birthday little Ray!

4 comments:

  1. Your family is so precious! Yours is the only blog I read by someone I don't know and I always enjoy it. More than that, it provides great inspiration and guidance. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable!! I especially love the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star song!

    I wouldn't worry too much about speech yet...my little brother still wasn't talking hardly at all at the age of 4, but within the last year he's completely caught up to where he should be all on his own (in both languages!). I'm sure he'll be fine, especially with such a great home environment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than a handful of words, my twins didn't talk until they turned three. Each of my kids has been on their own timetable with that, but I have noticed that it has taken a little bit longer with each child. I think the older ones talked earlier out of necessity to communicate with us (parents), where children with older siblings don't have as much of a pressing need early on. I guess it goes along with my theory that children learn and retain what is needful for them. Just my observation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, little Ray!! :)

    ReplyDelete